Petrochemical Shelters for Hazardous Environments
- ChemSAFE Safe Havens
Petrochemical shelters from MineARC’s ChemSAFE range offer a safe and secure ‘go-to’ area for multiple personnel in the event of a toxic chemical release, fire, explosion or other hazardous emergency response scenarios. The range includes fully transportable Safe Havens and Toxic Gas Shelters as well as ‘Shelter-in-Place’ Room Conversions and Sealed Rooms with purpose-built life support systems.
Portable Safe Haven
- ChemSAFE Standard Design
The ChemSAFE Standard Design Safe Haven has been continuously refined to offer the latest in safe refuge technology, providing chemical facility occupants with optimal protective features such as blast resistance, toxic gas protection, scrubbing, and remote monitoring.
- Blast & toxic gas protection
- Zero air changes per hour
- Advanced Series IV Control System
- 8-30 people
Toxic Gas Shelter
- ChemSAFE Utility Design
The ChemSAFE Utility Design Toxic Gas Shelter is engineered for chemical protection; featuring a narrow construction for space restricted applications. The shelter’s ultra-portable design features lifting lugs and forklift slots, allowing easy manoeuvrability around any facility.
- Toxic gas protection
- ELV Control System
- Narrow shell for space restricted areas
- 6-30 people
Blast Resistant Building
- ChemSAFE BRB
MineARC’s ChemSAFE Blast Resistant Buildings (BRBs) are designed to provide protection from an industrial hazard such as a blast or flammable gas release. The open space pre-fabricated steel buildings can serve as work spaces or break rooms for general day-to-day use.
- Multi-use building design
- Up to 10psi blast rating
- Integrated life support options
- Network connection, smoke detectors
- ChemSAFE Sealed Rooms
Intended for petrochemical facilities that do not have the physical space for a portable Safe Haven; ChemSAFE Sealed Rooms, along with the incorporation of life support systems such as the MineARC AirGEN and AirMAX ensures occupants remain safe.
- Customised modular construction
- Integrated life support options
- Electrical packages available
- Custom capacities
What is a Petrochemical Shelter?
A petrochemical shelter or safe haven is a sealed environment, in which you can take shelter during a hazardous event when evacuation is not possible. These shelters help protect personnel in disasters (fires, explosions, and gas releases), as well as minimise the risk to, and enhance the effectiveness of, emergency responders. You may also have heard these called ‘shelter-in-place (SIP)’, ‘protect-in-place (PIP)’, ‘refuge chamber’ or ‘safe refuge’.
To be classified as a safe haven, a refuge must:
- Be a sealed, enclosed environment with 0% air changes per hour (ACH)
- Provide a source of clean, breathable air by removing carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide from the internal atmosphere and adding in medical grade oxygen
- Control the internal environment, through heating and cooling
- Have a back-up supply of power to support the internal systems if mains power is lost
Petrochemical Safe Havens can be portable, modular, or developed in new or existing buildings. They are purposefully-designed for specific hazards at each petrochemical site.
|Name||Capacity *||Advanced Digital Control System **||iVAN ***||Aura-FX Gas monitoring||Vestibule||Shelter-in-Place||12hrs Battery Backup||Blast Rating ****|
- * Capacity Every safe haven is built with a certain rated occupancy in mind. The life support systems are designed to safely house this number of people for the designated duration..
- ** Advanced Digital Control System All safe havens with a Series IV Scrubbing System feature MineARC’s unique Advanced Digital Control System.
- *** iVAN iVAN is an on-board navigation assistant that guides occupants through operational procedures.
- **** Blast Rating MineARC offers blast rating upgrades to all safe havens.