Electrician with Design Experience
• Kewdale Location
• Clean workshop based role
• Monday to Friday
An opportunity has arisen for an electrician with design experience to develop their career and assist in both the assembly and design of our products.
We are a leading OEM based in Kewdale producing mine safety and controlled environment equipment sent to over 60 different countries.
As a fully qualified electrician we are seeking an individual with some basic drawing experience who can complete As Built drawings and custom schematics and wiring diagrams in a 2D cad program. For the right person training will be provided.
An addition to this there will be electrical assembly duties of our equipment where you will work with other electricians and technicians in the fit out of our equipment.
Ideally candidates will possess the following:
- A Class Electrician with an EW Workers licence
- Experience with 2D CAD or a similar drawing program
- Understanding of electronics and control systems is highly desirable
- Fault-finding, UPS system experience and an interest in new technologies would be advantageous
- Previous experience in a mine environment (highly regarded)
- Strong work ethic
Salary is negotiable on experience.
The working environment is clean, the culture is excellent with a long term stable team.
This position has become available due to sustained growth and increasing demand for products world wide.
To apply for this position, please send a resume detailing previous experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently looking for a passionate Software Engineer who enjoys working with automation equipment (Raspberry, PI, Arduino, Controllers, PLCs, HMIs, etc) to expand our engineering team. Engineering at MineARC revolves around providing tailored solutions to customer problems. The foundation for this is innovative custom engineered designs.
- Design and development of control system algorithms, PLC programming using function block diagrams, with ladder logic, and structure text, graphical user screen development utilizing web based and remote touchscreen HMI interface.
- Configuring and troubleshooting control system communication networks with remote control, monitoring and data retrieval systems.
- Selection and procurement of materials and equipment for the control system and oversee testing, installation and commissioning of software and equipment.
- Create and maintain electrical schematics, Bill of Materials, design, and technical documentation including operating manual & procedures, and testing, installation and troubleshooting guidelines.
- Provide technical support to field personnel as required to assist with troubleshooting PLC and control system issues with occasional onsite travel requirement.
- Assist in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners
- Programming/controls experience with electromechanical/mechatronic system integration.
- Proficiency with PLCs, HMIs and with well-defined methodology for maintaining code structure and organization.
- Demonstrated application and knowledge of typical industrial communication protocols like, Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP/IP, RS-232, RS-485, Remote I/O and CAN bus.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN/Networking systems including switches, routers, firewall and wireless devices.
- Familiar with navigating and utilizing GitHub as a shared repository
- Working knowledge of electrical standards (NFPA 70, National Electric Code (NEC), CSA 22.1 is a plus.
- Experience in control system design & troubleshooting for HVAC controls is a plus.
- Excellent communications skills, a positive attitude, self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite to develop presentations, correspondence, reports, and schedules (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Minimum associate’s or Bachelor’s (preferred) degree in Computer/Software engineering fields.
- Ability to travel as needed (low percentage, no current requirement)
Preferred qualifications include:
- Previous experience in a manufacturing company
- Electrical experience including wiring schematics and PLC’s
- Hands on experience with Raspberry Pi or Arduino
To apply for the following position, click here.
We are currently seeking to hire technicians to expand our Lancaster team. The role requires an 8-hour shift Monday through Friday. We will provide challenging and rewarding work environment where you will be generously compensated based on your efforts.
- Follow strict safety standards and promote a safe work environment
- Assembly of electro-mechanical parts on all our manufactured products.
- Ensure a high standard of quality is maintained on all our products
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and document control.
- Contribute towards continuous improvement and innovation
- Maintain 5S practices and help champion improvement ideas to help grow the business.
- Acquire and maintain all necessary certifications to operate all machinery and equipment used at the MineARC® facility.
- Willingness to travel on occasions throughout North America and Canada to customers for routine services, maintenance, troubleshooting, training and commissioning.
- Willingness to work overtime on weekdays and weekends to achieve business needs.
- Meet or exceed performance metrics including efficiency, production areas as needed.
- Cross training to perform work on other lines or in other production areas as needed.
- Knowledge of hand tools, and mechanical and electrical assembly.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively whether working autonomously or as a team.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to move/lift 50lbs. various times over an 8-hour shift, basic math, and reading skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Willingness and ability to work in a facility with minimal temperature control, exposed to local temperature variations (hold & cold).
- Valid driver’s license.
Preferred qualifications include:
- HVAC experience
- OSHA 10-hour training
- MSHA 40-hour training
- Bilingual: English and Spanish
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Associates Degree
To apply for the following position, click here
There are no current vacancies at MineARC Canada.
There are no current vacancies at MineARC Europe.
There are no current vacancies at MineARC Africa.
There are no current vacancies at MineARC South America.
There are no current vacancies at MineARC China.