TunnelSAFE Narrow Design Refuge Chamber
The TunnelSAFE Narrow Design Refuge Chamber is designed for drill and blast tunnelling operations. This portable refuge chamber has been engineered to feature a narrow shell, and can be easily positioned and repositioned; providing an ongoing, adaptable safe refuge solution for the life of the tunnelling project.
The TunnelSAFE Narrow Design (ND) Refuge Chamber offers an ideal solution for projects involving feeder tunnels and single-entry development headings, including sub-surface railway stations, hydro-power stations and other complex tunnel networks.
MineARC's TunnelSAFE Narrow Design Refuge Chamber is highly customisable to suit any tunnelling project and can be built to comply with British Standard (BS EN 16191:2014) Safety Requirements for Tunnelling Machinery or the ITA's "Guidelines for the Provision of Refuge Chambers Under Construction".
The TunnelSAFE Narrow Design Refuge Chamber features a narrow shell at 1.9m wide, while still providing ample internal space for a range of occupancies - from 12 to 24 people. It's dimensions and rated occupancy can be custom-engineered to project specifications, without compromising on safety or performance.
|Model||Occupancy||Compliance||Height (m)||Width (m)||Length (m)||Weight (kg)|
- Self-regenerative ELV CO and CO2 scrubbing
- Medical O2 regulator and backup
- Compressed Air Management System (CAMS)
- Positive pressure maintenance system with visual reference
- Audio visual warning for pneumatic disruption
- Aura-FX Digital Gas Monitoring
- Air conditioning and dehumidifying
- 5mm steel plate construction with reflective signage
- Water based fire extinguisher (optional for non-Australian orders)
- Full UPS 24hr battery backup system
- Ergonomically designed seating
- Radio power supply
- External strobe lighting; internal fluorescent lighting
- GuardIAN Refuge Chamber Monitoring
- Custom dimensions and transport configurations
- Blast shield protection (reinforced construction)
- Fully flushing, pressurised airlock
- Misting system for external temperature control
- Satellite UPS System
- First aid kit
- Internal LCD monitor screen
- Step-down transformer
- Carbon Monoxide Safety-Off-System (COSOS)
- Remote video camera monitoring
- Intrinsically safe MARCis Scrubber
- Automated Oxygen Delivery System (AODS)