ChemSAFE Blast Resistant Buildings
MineARC’s ChemSAFE Blast Resistant Buildings (otherwise known as Blast Resistant Modules) are multi-use facilities designed to provide protection from a petrochemical plant hazard such as a blast, toxic or flammable gas release. The open space pre-fabricated steel buildings can serve as work spaces, control rooms, or break rooms for general day-to-day use.
Fully customizable, MineARC Blast Resistant Modules can be produced in a short period of time and at a fraction of the cost of traditional ground-up construction. Installation consists of simply electricity and water (if needed).
Additionally, all units meet ASHRAE standards for fresh air quality for day-to-day use but can rapidly isolate outside air to become a fully sealed environment, automatically switching from a Class 2 Shelter to Class 1 for the highest level of protection. The integration of true shelter-in-place functionality in a portable building is a first in the industry and a means of fully complying with API RP 753.5 for buildings used for shelter-in-place.
ChemSAFE Blast Resistant Buildings Overview
MineARC understands the importance of blast protection for personnel working at a petrochemical facility. Third party testing has been performed by professional blast engineers, in accordance with ASCE: Design of Blast-Resistant Buildings in Petrochemical Facilities (2nd).
As part of their in-depth analysis, third-party blast engineers tested the performance of the MineARC Blast Resistant Building, taking into consideration the orientation of the unit with respect to the explosion source. Blasts that can impact either the long or short side of the structure, as well as both sides at an angle were tested.
The results of these studies show that MineARC’s blast resistant structure can withstand a long-duration, free-field blast load of up to 10psi for 200ms.
|Model||Rating (psi)||Height (m/ft)||Width (m/ft)||Length (m/ft)||Weight (kg/lb)|
|PS-BR-9-12-12-1P||1||2.75 / 9||3.65 / 12||3.65 / 12||6300 / 13700|
|PS-BR-9-8-20-1P||1||2.75 / 9||2.44 / 8||6.10 / 20||6000 / 13100|
|PS-BR-9-12-40-1P||1||2.75 / 9||3.65 / 12||12.20 / 40||13300 / 29200|
|PS-BR-9-20-40-1P||1||2.75 / 9||6.10 / 20||12.20 / 40||21300 / 46900|
|PS-BR-9-12-12-10P||10||2.75 / 9||3.65 / 12||3.65 / 12||9600 / 21000|
|PS-BR-9-8-20-10P||10||2.75 / 9||2.44 / 8||6.10 / 20||10300 / 225000|
|PS-BR-9-12-40-10P||10||2.75 / 9||3.65 / 12||12.20 / 40||22700 / 49900|
|PS-BR-9-20-40-10P||10||2.75 / 9||6.10 / 20||12.20 / 40||33900 / 74700|
- Engineered steel construction
- ISO container corner castings for transport (stackable)
- Severe environment finish paint
- UV resistant signage
- Closed cell spray foam insulation on all surfaces
- FRP laminated OSB panels for walls and ceiling
- Sealing doors with overpressure relief
- Split system air conditioning/heating system
- Fresh air intake with emergency isolation
- Exposed electrical with tamper proof fluorescent lighting
- Smoke detectors & fire extinguishers
- Aura-FX Gas Monitoring (CO2, O2, Toxic)
- Network Ethernet connections
- Intrinsic safety for hazardous locations
- Fire resistance (1,100°F/600°C for 30 minutes)
- UPS battery backup on electrical
- External toxic/flammable gas monitoring
- External/Internal vestibule