Cleanrooms - Biora
Cleanrooms by Biora offer portable or modular solutions to any application that requires a high level of environmental control, including manufacturing, scientific research, pharmaceutical and medical.
Biora Cleanrooms (also known as clean rooms or clean spaces) are engineered and manufactured to meet your unique conditions and required standard. With a range of established sizes and made-to-order designs to fit your application and configurations needs.
With decades of controlled environment expertise and a global support network, Biora cleanrooms are of the highest quality. Our leading team will guide you through cleanroom design, installation, and maintenance, ensuring your critical environment needs are met. Delivering you a purpose-built cleanroom to protect people, product, and the environment.
Biora Portable and Modular Design Cleanrooms are suitable for a range of applications, including:
- Medicinal cannabis production
- General laboratory facilities for testing or research purposes
- Product inspection facilities
- Pharmaceutical and Medical grade production facilities
- Storage and containment of sensitive materials
- Electronics, semi-conductor, and high-tech manufacturing
- Food processing, testing and development
- Industrial manufacturing and design
- Anywhere a high degree of biosafety and containment is needed
- Modular and Portable options that allow expansion over time
- Multi-room or zone options based on requirements
- Specialised temperature and humidity control
- Cleanroom-grade insulated external panelling
- Clean-room grade internal panelling, designed to withstand cleaning chemicals and agents
- Heavy-duty, bio-security, anti-static vinyl flooring
- 99.99% HEPA filters
- Concealed ducting and electrical within ceiling - accessible via external panels
- Coved joints and right-angle corners to prevent settling of dust
- Drop seal on doors, with a positively pressurised interior; preventing contamination ingress
- Rugged external structure, allowing manoeuvrability and placement outdoors
Cleanroom standards rank cleanliness based on approved volumes of particles found within the internal chamber’s air. This classification measures the number of particles of a specific size per cubic metre of air.
Every design controls the airborne particles’ concentration that enters a space and manages the generation and retention of particles within the area.
Biora manufacturers and designs a range of cleanroom models that can comply with various standards and classes, including:
ISO 14644-1 Cleanroom Standards
BS 5295 Cleanroom Standards
Clean Rooms - Portable and Modular Solutions
Biora’s custom, prefabricated portable cleanroom structures are the ultimate turnkey solution.
The portable cleanroom is a durable, self-supported structure suitable for positioning within inside an existing building or outside in the elements.
Custom fabrication provides you with additional flexibility in size and volume (m3) and, importantly, airtightness essential to cleanroom integrity. More importantly, prefabricated structures are certified ISO compliant as part of the Factory Acceptance Testing process before shipping.
Modular style cleanrooms are the most flexible and versatile way of designing a “room within a room”.
Biora’s flat-pack, prefabricated panel systems are engineered to fit within an existing space, ideal for research that requires a fast and easy to install solution with minimal on-site disruption. The prefabricated panel design offers the ability to relocate or expand the cleanroom with future developments.
Join multiple cleanrooms to create a system of interconnected rooms or facilities.
The linked system revolves around our specialised “Flange Connection System” to ensure an air-tight seal while at the same time maintaining the integrity of each cleanroom. The individual units can be set up with a centralised or independent HVAC system, allowing you to run each cleanroom independently for operational redundancy.
Support strict decontamination processes of people or equipment with purpose-built facilities and attachments.
Decontamination cleanrooms, whether prefabricated or portable, attach to existing cleanrooms or physical containment facilities. These structures allow for large equipment within the laboratory that cannot be removed by autoclave or a similar, to be cleaned.
Additional equipment, including airlocks and prebuilt purge chambers, provide a physical barrier between the laboratory and the outside environment. Options include a positive or negative pressure environment and the ability to monitor and purge various gasses such as CO2 or a de-containment agent (deployed through a fogging system).
Controlling and managing the concentration of airborne particles and relevant environmental parameters requires precise construction and high-quality systems. During the design and construction of Biora cleanrooms, quality control focuses on several crucial features that support minimal contamination.
To achieve a particular cleanliness specification, all surfaces in a cleanroom are smooth and impervious, and:
- Does not generate its own contamination (create dust, flake, corrode, or provide a place for microorganisms to propagate)
- Are easy to clean (accessible and do not feature ledges or recesses)
- They are rigid and robust and will not crack or dent easily
Biora Cleanrooms are built with heavy-duty, anti-static, biosecurity vinyl flooring. It is resistant to most decontamination agents and chemical cleaners, ensuring longevity and allowing the room to be thoroughly cleaned. Additionally, coved joints and right-angle corners prevent dust and dirt from settling on the internal surfaces.
MineARC Systems Engineers will work closely with you to specify the most suitable type of internal surface materials for your project.
HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filters are a critical element of any cleanroom. They consist of a large, box-shaped filter that effectively removes airborne particles of specific sizes. Particles become trapped through a combination of the following three mechanisms:
Filters meeting the HEPA standard must satisfy certain levels of efficiency. Biora Cleanrooms aim for a 99.99% HEPA filtration. Common standards require that a HEPA air filter remove a minimum of 99.95% of foreign particles with a diameter equal to 0.3 μm from passing air. The filtration efficiency requirement increases for particle diameters both less than and greater than 0.3 μm.
Biora can provide additional service and maintenance support for critical cleanroom componentry such as HEPA Filtration and HVAC systems. While the intelligent HMI continually monitors the systems, sending push notifications for regular testing and alerts.
Biora’s industry-leading control system allows for intuitive programming and remote, web-based management. Enjoy real-time monitoring of all control processes, with the ability to access 12 months’ worth of historical data.
The high-resolution touch screen has a user-friendly display and navigation. Chamber status, historical data, alarms, and programming can all be accessed and controlled via the HMI. Plus, customised security levels ensure your research is kept safe and secure.
- Web-based software with both local and remote access
- Real-time monitoring of all control processes
- 12 months of historical data accessible
- Limitless customisable programs
- Data export and import options
- Push notifications based on custom alert settings
- Data protection and security options
- Customised HMI options and local engineering support
Besides its remote capabilities, Biora’s Control System is accessible via a touch-screen HMI Panel located on the face or inside each Biora Cleanroom.
Controlling the volume of air introduced and removed from portable and modular cleanrooms is critical to its design. Cleanrooms operate at a higher pressure compared to the external atmosphere to prevent the ingress of contaminants.
MineARC Systems are experts in the manufacture of controlled environments, with over 20 years of experience providing positive pressure chambers. As such, the positively pressured interior of any Biora Cleanroom will confidently protect the internal atmosphere from any contamination in conjunction with airlock and door drop seal technology.